A must-have tool for
TV production and studios
Is the perfect choice to provide content playout for live shows, news or as commercial blocks player, manual disaster recovery playout or manual QC tool. Playbee does not need a database to work.
Client – server
Playbee provides a remote client interface, it can control multiple Playbee servers from the same interface, it also allows to be interfaced with a Remote controller system with Jog and shuttle function (ex. JlCooper Slomo or others)
CPU & GPU
Playbee is 100% software based solution, it’s fully benefit from the GPU acceleration in case is necessary high demanding encoding/decoding.
PlayBee includes graphic capabilities.
The graphic engine are capable to manage fixed logo (with or without alpha channel) and a crawl, up to 4K resolution.
Video format supported
Playbee supports the following video resolution:
SD : 625i50 (PAL), 525i59.94 (NTSC)
HD 1280×720 : 720p60, 720p59.94, 720p50,
HD 1920×1080 : 1080i60, 1080i59.94, 1080i50, 1080p30, 1080p29.97, 1080p25, 1080psf30, 1080psf29.97, 1080psf25, 1080p60, 1080p59.94, 1080p50.
2K 2048×1080 : 1080p30, 1080p29.97, 1080p25, 1080psf30, 1080psf29.97, 1080psf25, 1080p60, 1080p59.94, 1080p50,
4K 3840×2160 or 4096×2160, in 8 or 10-bit, 2 Sample Interleave or Square Division : 2160p60, 2160p59.94, 2160p50, 2160p30, 2160p29.97, 2160p25, 2160p24, 2160p23.98
Playbee supports 4K HDR (from version 2.11),
Audio level control on each single channel,
Timecode output based on the board and file codec capabilities.
Video codec supported
Playbee supports the following video formats: MPEG1, MPEG2, H.264, MPEG4 AVC (intra e Long-GOP), HEVC (intra e Long-GOP), H265, XAVC (intra class 300 or Long-GOP), ProRes 4:2:2 HQ, HDV, DV, DVCPro and DVCPro HD codecs. Also it supports production wrappers like: AVI, MPEG, MP4 WMV, ts, Quick Time (mov) or MXF. Files from legacy Videoservers are natively supported (ex. LXF, GXF, SAF).
It doesn’t matter the frame rate of the content because Playbee can rescan while playing, progressive and interlaced content, based on the chosen output setting.
Audio codec supported
PlayBee supports up to 16 audio channels and the following Audio codecs:
Wav, PCM 42-48 KHz (16 bit, 24 bit, 32 bit, Cinema, Signed, floating), MP2, Mp3, AC3 (arts A52A), AAC, ALAC, ADPCM, Vorbis, Dolby Digital, Dolby digital+ /Atmos, Dolby E Pass-trough bitstream, it is also support Dante protocol.
PlayBee can offer multiple level of redundancy from the one + one up to the one + n. The client module is able to remote control all the assigned playBee servers.
PlayBee supports various cards for SDI input and output in order to meet the different requirement from the customer such as: Blackmagic Design, AJA, Deltacast, Bluefish.
Based on the cards the output signal can be:
12Gbps SDI (ST 2082-10)
6Gbps SDI (ST 2081-10)
3Gbps SDI (ST 424) Level A and Level B-DL (ST 425-1),
Dual Link 3G-SDI (ST 425-3),
Quad Link 3G-SDI (ST 425-5),
HD-SDI (ST 292),
Dual Link HD-SDI (ST 372),
SD-SDI (ST 259)
- Extremely easy to use and reliable
- Up to 4 channels on the same PC
- SDI (SD/HD/4K) and IP (NDI®, WebRTC, UDP streaming) output
- Supports bumpers, still frames (pictures), audio overlay
- Playback from local path and shared network storages (NAS/SAN)
- Drag & drop of files and folders straight to the timeline
- Embedded playlist management with compressed and extended view
- Supports mixed video resolutions, formats and containers without preventive conversion (Mpeg, MXF, XDcam, DV, MOV, MP4, DNxHD, ProRes, LXF, GXF, etc.)
- Jog & shuttle with audio scrub over the playlist and free jump back and forward to each element of the sequence
- Plug-in for easy integration with third party systems (playlist import or interface to third party database)
- Embedded graphic overlay engine (channel branding, animated logos, CG, crawls)
- Chained mode for simultaneous control and in-sync start of multiple user-selected channels
- Loop of single clips or playlist, pause at clips end
- Logical clip trimming
- Driver for A/V switchers
- Supported cards: Decklink, AJA, Deltacast, Bluefish
- Runs on virtual machines (IP or NDI®)
- Support Audinate Dante Protocol
Playbee Studio Clone
Two channels playout for studio contribution
Can be used as a two single player or one channel 1+1 redundant