Legacy VDCP videoserver
Why Tecla VDCP Server
Scalability & flexibility
Modularity and scalability are key points of Tecla VDCP server platform, it provides tailor-made solutions able to fulfil a wide range of requirements.
Leading-edge playout module
Using standard IT server system, Tecla VDCP server playout module brings the benefit of mainstream IT industry to the broadcast enterprise. The microservice architecture enable continuous delivery and deployment of new features, moreover the advantages to be failure resilient (in case of fault module the rest of the platform in the server remain fully working).
The playout engine supports also Fill & Key output for production transmission, while in the back-to-back playout operation the module allows to play mixed format (SD, HD, 4:3, 16:9) and can perform real time up/down conversion with AFD information. A single third party automation system can control more than one playout channel for Simulcast necessity in various format (SD, HD). The streaming output is one of the latest features added to Tecla VDCP server.
Wide range Format and codecs
Tecla VDCP server platform supports the most common format and wrapper used on the broadcast industry, it includes: DVCAM, DVCPRO 25/50, MPEG2 IFrame 422 (SD/HD), MPEG2 IBP 420/422 (SD/HD), D10-IMX, HDV, DVCPRO HD, XDCAM HD 420/422, H264 (SD/HD; depending on the board used); and Wrappers likes: AVI, MXF, MOV, MPG, MP4, WMV.
Powerful Capture Module
Tecla VDCP Server provides a cutting edge capture module, it allows to ingest in real-time high-res content and generate also a proxy file (WMV, MP4, MOV h264) with timecode. The engine is capable to perform a loop recording that is useful if is requested to perform a time delay application. In the same server system it is also available to ingest the output directly without using an SDI connection (internal video routing).
Tecla VDCP server can be easily controller using VDCP protocol via Serial or IP communication. It is also available an extensive API SDK to unleash all the power of the platform. The API provided is based on High level TCP-IP allows to remote control all the modules; they are easy to use abstraction layer and support C++/.net/VBA as well as COM / automation compatible development Environment.
VITC TimeCode support or external LTC (with optional LTC input board).
Audio level control for input and output channels.
Audio shuffling Dolby-E preservation (passtrought).
Virtual router for Audio/video streams.
Local and remote signals with almost ZERO-DELAY and full frame rate HQ preview based on proprietary IP streaming protocol.
- Fully compliant with VDCP protocol, supports VDCP over IP and serial interface
- Up to 12 channels on the same Server
- SDI (SD/HD) input/output
- Play while ingest (only specific file format)
- Supports Alpha channel management
- Playback from local path and shared network storages (NAS/SAN)
- Simulcast playout with different format
- Supports 3D stereoscopic
- Supports mixed video resolutions, formats: DVCAM, DVCPRO 25/50, MPEG2 – I Frame 422 (SD/HD), MPEG2 – IBP 420/422 (SD/HD), D10-IMX, HDV, DVCPRO HD, XDCAM HD 420/422, H264 (SD/HD depending on the board used)
- Supports multiple container: AVI, MXF, MOV, MPG, MP4, WMV
- Jog & shuttle functions for preview channels
- Multiple real-time proxy creation in WMV, MP4 and MOV (H264 AAC) with timecode
- Output signal direct capture, without wasting input channels
- Simultaneous up/down conversion with AFD support and customizable Aspect ratio behaviour
- Fill and Fill & key output (clip with alpha channel support)
- streaming output
- Supports Matrox DSX LE3, XMIO2 and Blackmagic Decklink as additional input channels
- TimeCode support as embedded VITC or External LTC (with optional LTC-input card)
- Dolby-E preservation (passtrought)
- Audio Shuffling
- Extensive API interface provides high level control for Capture and Playback, they allow much more functionalities comparing the simple VDCP protocol.